IMWA - International Mine Water Association
The International Mine Water Association (IMWA) is a multidisciplinary membership organisation focused on the challenges associated with water in the mining industry which links experts from various branches of natural sciences, engineering and technology. IMWA produces the journal Mine Water and the Environment (MWEN) quarterly for the benefit of its members. The organisation has over 750 members from around the globe and is currently undergoing a period of substantial expansion. IMWA is now seeking to recruit an Administrative Officer to support the Executive Committee in the continued growth and successful management of the organisation.
- Maintain and update IMWA and MWEN websites and membership database.
- Coordinate communication with members to include
- Sending out invoices
- Preparing membership application forms
- Maintaining LinkedIn pages
- Contacting “lost” members
- Mass mailings with SuperMailer
- Maintain an up to date list of MWEN Editors for the journal and webpages
- Support the Treasurer in managing membership dues and other finances as appropriate via PayPal and international bank accounts.
- Support the President and General Secretary with mail and e-mail communication
- Ensure up to date information is available to the publisher Springer for quarterly mailing of the journal MWEN.
- Other administrative duties commensurate with the role.
Skills and experience required
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Self motivated with the ability to manage own time and work independently from own work place
- Proficiency in the use of software and programming languages to include
- MS Office (especially very good knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel)
- Photoshop or Paintshop Pro
Please send your descriptive job application by email to the following addess:
Prof. Dr. Christian Wolkersdorfer
IMWA General Secretar
South African Research Chair for Acid Mine Drainage Treatment
Private Bag X68
Tel +27 12 382-6433 | Fax +49 3212 1058389
Download job announcement here
International Mine Water Association – For a better mine water future!
Job Assisting IMWA EC
Primary Location your home
Whenever position is filled